Sunday, May 26, 2013

Birth Mother's Day



The Saturday before Mother's Day has been designated as Birth Mother's Day. I didn't know this until my daughter became a birth mom, and informed me, on the first Mother's Day weekend after the birth, that I should be honoring her. Of course I honor her in my heart every day for her unselfish decision, but I also try to let her know, on that day, how much I do honor her strength and courage as a birth mom. I am proud of her always and always!

This year on Mother's Day weekend, we all took a little mini-trip together. My oldest daughter and her husband live about 6 hours away from us. The rest of us packed up and went to stay in my husband's hometown, just 2 hours from them, so we could all meet there and be together for Mother's day.

On Saturday, Birth Mother's Day, CJ received a text from her roommate telling her that an edible bouquet (the kind with fruit pieces on sticks in a vase, to look like a flower arrangement) was delivered to her apartment. It was from Angel (with the help of Mrs. Awesome, of course).

We both got tears in our eyes when we found out what the card said:

"Thank you for ME, and for bringing me to my mommy and daddy. Love, Angel"

She's starting to understand already.

No comments:

Post a Comment